Kindness is a strength
People say "God" is kind..
People worship "God"..
In fact, people should practice kindness and not practice "religion"
What is religion anyway? I do not know much about other religions; however religion basically is a set of rules that binds people and teaches discipline right? Who came up with religion and why was it created? To keep people together? It's interesting to know that every part of this world follows a religion... well, most of them. I think the first time that I met people who said that they didn't have a religion were in US. Prior to that I always assumed that everyone has a religion. As a child I wasn't too religiously inclined and I never thought much about God..but I always feared him and I was taught to fear God. In pre-school, we were taught that there exists a powerful superhuman who is omnipotent and someone who knows it all. I didn't question what I was taught then. Today, when I am exposed to different religions and cultures I often find it interesting to ponder on the concept of "God".
According to my theory, humans created "God" to create a basic discipline among their community and to live in peace. Since, humans are often competing with each other and always in a race to be at the top,"God" was made to be "superhuman" to act like an authoritative figure. Various experiments have shown that humans will do anything under an authority.
[On a sidenote - It's interesting to study Milgram's experiment - I will write a post on this in the future because it's very interesting how authority affects humans throughout history]
I admire the concept the concept of religion..people who created must have been quite intelligent and great bluff masters. Please note that I am not belittling religion in anyway. I do believe religion is important in life. However, religion for me doesn't consist of a superhuman being whom I fear. Religion to me in short is discipline and kindness. By being disciplined and kind I am being a better person for myself and not to please "God".
I do feel sorry for all the orthodox and superstitious people though. I don't know why they will do anything to prove that their God is the greatest of all and that they are in a quest to prove God is real? How can God be real? God is not a human or a superhuman! It is a concept! An idea that worked to fool other people universally to make them do things (good and bad) that they wouldn't have done otherwise. Concepts are abstract and so is God. However, I think they are confusing God with the creator of universe. How was the universe created? I don't know. But I don't think the creator of universe created religion. It was a human who created religion to induce discipline. We should be aware of the universe we live in rather than being blind followers without thinking.
Comeback...
-
Hello Readers (if there are still any reading this blog....),
I am not very proud of the fact that I have not been active on my own blog
from almost one an...
10 years ago
1 comments:
it's quite obvious...what forms of god do we know...books? statues? stories? legends?
QUITE obviously its a concept made by people..for people...but a few people took it too literally...
very accurate post...somehow you hv same views as me now...which wasn't the case before!
do good..goto HEAVEN..do bad..goto HELL..
all TRAPS to make people follow what you want them to do and to set 'good' and 'bad'..isn't it easy to say GOD made the universe...who made GOD then? saying god made the universe is really ignorant.
Post a Comment