Wednesday, October 15, 2008

Eventful Month

This month and last month has been quite busy with parties, events, etc. We celebrated my dad's 50th birthday party last month. Mom and I planned a surprise party for him. It was a good party and he enjoyed a lot. Following dad's birthday was mom's birthday. We went out to a very good indian restaurant followed by a movie "Ghosttown'. The movie was pretty good.

I am fasting for karwachauth this weekend. It will be my first. I will be meeting up with friends at my parent's house and do the pooja together. I have only seen it in movies and have always wanted to do the pooja. We will also be doing mehendi and dressing up as brides. It should be fun:)

We went to dandiya the weekend before. It was my first dandiya with Mr. Francon. Sadly, he didn't enjoy it as much and wanted to leave. I wish he could enjoy the music just like us, but he said he was tired. I didn't find anything wrong with the music and did enjoy myself. However, I felt last year's singers were better. My brother said he enjoyed a lot in Dandiya in NY. Falguni Pathak was the singer at the event and he said it was even better than the dandiya he had been to the one in Ahmedabad.

0 comments: