This was a poem I wrote in my AP Lit class in High School that I found at home this weekend which I have modfied in some parts.
This is a poem in which I have provided the imagery about how joyous the earth becomes when rain performs a "dance" which is welcomed by everybody during summer.
I have described a hot summer day in which the earth feels so dry that it forms cracks on the ground and the leaves are so dry that they crackle as if in pain.
The scorching sun seems arrogant as if devilishly grinning watching the surface below thirsty and the flowers wry.
However, once it starts raining joy fills the earth. You can hear the music of the pitter patter of the rain falling on the ground and the little blotches that the droplets form look as if they are dancing in union when they hit the earth. The rain enthuses everybody and the kids enjoy themselves playing in the puddles of water that rain forms and the flowers sway in joy.
The ground cracked yearning for rain,
And the leaves crackled mourning in pain.
The sun scorching beaming with pride,
Made the surface thirsty and the flowers wry.
Joy soon filled the earth's heart,
When it heard the pitter-patter-pitter-patter
Of the rhythmic drops dance on the grass.
The grave clouds like in a strife,
Lightened the sky, by piercing with a knife.
The forceful rain loosened the soil
And made litte puddles
In which the lads played awhile.
The flowers bloomed and watched in delight,
As the rain dance entertained them through the night.
Comeback...
-
Hello Readers (if there are still any reading this blog....),
I am not very proud of the fact that I have not been active on my own blog
from almost one an...
10 years ago
1 comments:
Beautiful poem :)
Post a Comment