Wednesday, September 17, 2008

Seattle

We went to Seattle this weekend for my sis-in-law's son's first birthday. We reached around midnight on friday and came back Monday morning. The party was on Sunday. It was a lot of fun playing with A. He has grown taller since I last saw him. Kids are so cute. The things they do and say even though it's gibberish is so adorable. They definitely are a full time job though. I don't know how I will manage work and kids.

On the way, I picked up a book "1984 by George Orwell". I have always wanted to read that book. I had heard about it when I had read "Brave New World by Aldous Huxley". Brave New World was about a dystopian world. I believe 1984 is also along the same lines. I read an interesting fact about the author. He was born in Motihari, Bengal, India. There was another famous author born in India. I believe it was Rudyard Kipling.

Yup, I was right. I checked wikipedia. Kipling was born in India as well. He is the author of the famous book "The Jungle Book".

0 comments: